For Internet Marketing I sometimes need product reviews. This is a template that Elisha wrote, in order to have some consistency in the product review articles that we write. Please feel free to use and copy this template for your own purpose.
- states the problem to be solved, and introduces the product as a possible solution
- provides a one sentence summary
- Provide no details
- Captures the reader’s interest and give him a clue about the article’s contents
- describe what the product does and how it works.
- while showing your appreciation or disapproval of the features and process, the underlying intent is to describe “what it promises.”
- go into detail about what you like, and what you dislike (likes should precede the dislikes)
Tell someone with certainty: is this worth the money? Don’t waffle; the reader has made it this far through your article because he wants to know if this product is worth his money. At heart: if this was your money, would you buy this product? Tell the reader so, and explain why.
Questions to answer
- What does the product promise?
- How well does it achieve those goals?
- Is it a good value? for whom?